WE NEED PEOPLE POWER!
Join Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center in celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day by being outside and getting your hands dirty!
Projects this year include
- landscaping around the front yard and in our Aviary — mulching, weeding, planting herbaceous plugs
- trail maintenance — repairing erosion, installing trail markers and trailhead signs, repairing bridges
- exhibit building and maintenance — cultural history sites and our Garbage Graveyard
- and so much more…
- Work gloves and tools will be provided, but if you have your own gloves or a favorite trowel, feel free to bring them along.
- Please dress appropriately for working outside and for getting dirty. You must wear closed-toed shoes! Bring rain gear and a water bottle, too.
- There will be a variety of projects for all ages and levels of skill. Available projects may change prior to the event based on materials, necessity, weather, and time. We will do our best to make sure that we use the right people in the right job so that everyone has a positive and productive experience.
- Food and beverages are provided throughout the day so that we keep your energy up, but also to say “Thank You” for all of your hard work.
We are asking for a minimum of a 2-hour shift, however you may sign up for additional hours. Simply fill out additional registrations for the times you wish to help.
Register for 10:00 a.m.–noon
Register for 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Register for noon–2:00 p.m.
Register for 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.