We are in the architectural planning phase of enhancing and adding to our 1930s structure. Penn State Outreach and Online Education is providing funds for much of this project, but we need your help to complete it. We are reaching out to friends and supporters of Shaver’s Creek to raise the remainder of funds needed to make the most of this wonderful opportunity to expand.
Among the key core values for this venture, Shaver’s Creek will strive to be a model of fiscal responsibility and sustainability. We will choose sustainable features that have a tangible effect on the environment, and they will be ingrained in the design without costly burden.
Because the culture of our staff and volunteers is so important to the delivery of our programs, the facility should maintain, enhance, and continue to foster that culture. The building addition, renovation, and new classroom space should strengthen the core tenets of outreach, education, research, and an experiential approach that are hallmarks of the Center.
New Features and Details
- 3,200 square feet of new, technology-enhanced classroom
- Expanded and redesigned interior exhibit room space
- Improved visitor entrance, bookstore, and convenient restrooms
- Additional space for our education staff and resident animals
- Improved parking areas and footpaths
- New and more sustainable mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems for the entire site
- Integration of solar arrays
- Retain the aesthetics of the 1930s lodge with stone and wood exterior
- Locally sourced building materials
During our 40 years of reaching the community, your grassroots support has been incredibly important to Shaver’s Creek. A donation at any level will make a significant difference in the success of this project.
For more information on naming opportunities, contact Rob Butler at 814-865-8283.