Providing a high quality of life to our animals is a top priority at Shaver’s Creek, but is very resource intensive. By becoming an Honorary Animal Caretaker, you sponsor the daily care, training, and educational presentation of our resident animals.
- Sponsor a Raptor - We have more than a dozen raptors in need of your support.
- Our Honorary Caretakers - Thanks to our inaugural group of honorary animal caretakers.
Benefits for the Animals
The Honorary Animal Caretaker program allows you to support:
- Environmental needs — heating, lighting, water, and exhibit maintenance
- Nutrition — species-specific diets
- Enrichment — species-specific stimuli to encourage natural behaviors
- Training — using positive reinforcement to prepare our animals for their jobs as conservation ambassadors for their species
- Education — supporting free programs such as Meet the Creek and Good Raptornoon
Benefits for You
As an Honorary Animal Caretaker, you receive:
- Information packet about your sponsored animal including photo, case history, and conservation connection activities
- Private tour of the Raptor Aviary and Litzinger Discovery Room, with a focus on your sponsored animal
- 1 tour (immediate family or up to four people) for a one-month sponsorship
- 4 seasonal tours (up to 15 people each tour) for a one-year sponsorship
- Your name on the Honorary Animal Caretaker page
- Charitable donation letter for tax purposes