Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center offers opportunities for everyone to connect with and conserve Pennsylvania’s diverse habitats and wildlife.
- Research Initiatives - Shaver’s Creek supports Penn State students engaged in research related to wildlife, plant science, and environmental education. Learn about current projects and how to apply for a graduate assistantship.
- Zero Waste Initiative - We have become a Zero Waste facility, where we reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost almost everything as we strive to eliminate material sent to the landfill.
- Appalachian Botany and Ethnobotany - This program has brought renewed authenticity to our managed landscape and wild surroundings, and educates students about native plantings, invasive species, sustainable forestry, and nontimber forest products.
- Animal Care Program - The Animal Care Program functions primarily as a training facility that teaches about animal welfare, animal behavior, management of live education animals, and educational interpretation skills.
- Citizen Science Projects - Learn about our “citizen science” projects that connect volunteers and scientists to work together to answer real-world questions and gather data.
- Report an Animal that Needs Help - Contact information for reporting injured wildlife.