We’re getting psyched for this Sunday’s Music Festival! The weather is looking cool, clear and sunny.If you don’t have one yet, tickets are still available at Appalachian Outdoors in State College, at Standing Stone Coffee Company in Huntingdon, and here at Shaver’s Creek. We hope to see you out! Some things to remember if you come:
– This event is rain or shine (barring unsafe weather).
– As it is a fundraiser, there will be no ticket refunds.
– Bring chairs or a blanket to sit on.
– Bring a flashlight (for the walk to your car) if you plan to stay past sunset (~7:03 p.m.).
– Please bring CASH if you are going to buy food. We encourage participants to support the local food vendors on site rather than bringing in outside food, knowing that a portion of their proceeds go towards supporting our covered stage project. – It is an alcohol-free event.
– Smoking may be permitted in designated areas, and we ask that you properly dispose of butts.
– No dogs are permitted at the event.
– An ambulance will be on hand in case of emergency.
– Parking is limited at Shaver’s Creek, so please CARPOOL when possible, and be prepared to park at Stone Valley Recreation Area if our lot is full. You may take the short 10 minute walk from there, or take advantage of our periodic shuttles between Shaver’s Creek and Stone Valley.
We apologize if these policies cause any inconvenience. Please call us at 814.863.2000 with any questions or concerns.
The tentative line up for the festival is:
11:00-12:00 John Cunningham & Friends
12:30-1:30 Pure Cane Sugar
2:00-3:00 Tussey Mountain Moonshiners
3:30-4:30 Tolins Bluegrass Revue
5:00-6:00 Ted & the Hi-Fi’s
6:30-8:00 Wissahickon Chicken Shack
For the full rundown of the event, including music clips from the band, visit: http://shaverscreek.posterous.com/check-out-the-shavers-creek-music-festival
This festival is a fundraiser to support the Creek’s efforts to build a covered stage that will host future events like this as
well as provide teaching space for our educational programs. The Shaver’s Creek Music Festival will feature six regional,
high-energy, acoustic, Americana and bluegrass bands as well as several local food vendors. For ticket info, lineup of
bands, and music samples, visit: http://shaverscreek.posterous.com/check-out-the-shavers-creek-music-festival