2019 Maple Harvest Festival
When: March 23–24, 2019
Where: Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center
Tickets will be sold in advance online. Please check back in February for more information.
Come celebrate the first harvest of the new year with Shaver’s Creek in late March! Since 1984 we have hosted our Maple Harvest Festival and Pancake Breakfast to help people learn about the maple sugaring process — both in colonial times and the present day. At the festival you can:
- learn how to identify and tap sugar maple trees and visit the Sugar Shack to see sap transformed into syrup
- watch costumed interpreters demonstrate sugaring techniques used by Native Americans, pioneers, and modern-day farmers
- enjoy live music and storytelling
- see live birds of prey and reptile shows
- savor all-you-can-eat pancakes and maple syrup!
What Does the Maple Harvest Festival Cost?
Admission to the festival and all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast (including two organic sausages) for:
- children, ages 5 and under: FREE
- nonmembers: $10 (ages 12+) and $6 (ages 6–11)
- members: $5 (ages 12+) and $3 (ages 6–11)
Pancakes, real maple syrup, two local pork sausage patties (per person), applesauce, and beverages (juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
Refer to the Visit Shaver’s Creek page for information on parking, accessibility, groups, prohibited items, and more.
If you would like to volunteer to help us host more than 2,000 visitors during the weekend, please contact us. Both Penn State students and community members are encouraged to volunteer.