Find Your Place in Pennsylvania
Are you enrolling at Penn State in the summer? The fall? At a different campus? Want to explore the wilderness surrounding University Park? Then ORION is for you! AURORA’s longest running expedition — since 1996 — ORION has been the foundation of a successful college career for many Penn State students. Earn three credits on a five-day backpacking adventure as you explore central Pennsylvania and ease your transition into Penn State. University Park students will be grouped together; likewise, Commonwealth students will backpack with other Commonwealth students, typically from their own campus.
During ORION, You’ll…
- Engage in fun, challenging outdoor experiences
- Meet other incoming students and explore together
- Foster your personal wellness; bolster your self-esteem
- Learn for life the skills of backpacking and camping
- Discover a stronger appreciation of the natural world
- Gain insight into life at Penn State and how to succeed
Wanna Know More?
All of our expeditions are unique in their own way. Take a look at ORION’s frequently asked questions to learn more about our most popular program.
ORION Session for LEAP Students:
August 4–8, 2023
ORION Fall Week:
August 14–18, 2023
$295 class fee
Essential Information Packet
Download the Essential Information Packet to prepare for your adventure.
ORION Fall 2023: University Park (PDF)