The ORION program will not be offered in 2020. Please visit the AURORA page for more information.
Find Your Place in Pennsylvania
Are you enrolling at Penn State in the summer? The fall? At a different campus? Want to explore the wilderness surrounding University Park? Then ORION is for you! AURORA’s longest running expedition — since 1996 — ORION has been the foundation of a successful college career for many Penn State students. Earn three credits on a five-day backpacking adventure as you explore central Pennsylvania and ease your transition into Penn State. University Park students will be grouped together; likewise, Commonwealth students will backpack with other Commonwealth students, typically from their own campus.
During ORION, You’ll…
- Engage in fun, challenging outdoor experiences
- Meet other incoming students and explore together
- Foster your personal wellness; bolster your self-esteem
- Learn for life the skills of backpacking and camping
- Discover a stronger appreciation of the natural world
- Gain insight into life at Penn State and how to succeed
Wanna Know More?
All of our expeditions are unique in their own way. Take a look at ORION’s frequently asked questions to learn more about our most popular program.
ORION Session for LEAP Students:
August 6–11, 2020
ORION Fall Week:
August 17–21, 2020
$225 class fee
Essential Information Packet
Download the Essential Information Packet to prepare for your adventure.