Go North with POLARIS!
We know you hear it calling — adventure, challenge, and breathtaking beauty awaits you with POLARIS! Situated in the Crawford Notch area of New Hampshire’s White Mountains, POLARIS sends you backpacking through New England’s most rugged mountains. There, awe-inspiring vistas will stir up something good inside you and leave you breathless. Since 2015, POLARIS has offered first-year University Park students an unforgettable adventure that earns them three credits and eases their transition into college.
During POLARIS, You’ll…
- Engage in fun, challenging outdoor experiences
- Meet other incoming students and explore together
- Foster your personal wellness; bolster your self-esteem
- Learn for life the skills of backpacking and camping
- Discover a stronger appreciation of the natural world
- Gain insight into life at Penn State and how to succeed
Wanna Know More?
All of our expeditions are unique in their own way. Take a look at POLARIS’s frequently asked questions to learn more about our newest program.
POLARIS Fall Week:
Travel Day: Aug 16
Expedition: Aug 17–21
$495 class fee