Looking for a fun opportunity this summer for you and your family? Just because Shaver’s Creek is closed doesn’t mean we can’t explore together! Bring your family out for a hike in the woods led by a Shaver’s Creek Naturalist for a chance to explore, discover, and learn about nature.
These hikes are special, registration-required events designed to connect your family to Shaver’s Creek during our closure. We hope to see you soon!
Family Summer Program Details
- The Family Summer Program is for one family/household unit and will feature a hike lasting one hour and fifteen minutes with activities and exploration.
- A family/household unit is defined as a group of people living together. Maximum group size is seven people.
- There is a registration fee of $10 per family/household unit per time slot. See below for time availabilities.
- Registration must be completed online at least one day in advance. Payment is required at the time of registration.
- We ask that families/households only register for one time slot at this time.
- A parent or guardian of adult age is required to stay with the family/household unit for the entire duration of the program.
Self-assessment Health Check
- Have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (per CDC updated list):
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Or at least two of the following symptoms:
- Fever — subjective fever (feeling feverish or temperature of 100°F or higher)
- Sore throat
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- Check your temperature and register a temperature of less than 100°F.